Ordering and shipping to the EU after Brexit
We are so sorry for the delay in providing the following information. Sadly, there has been a lot of confusion regarding the FTA (free trade agreement) that was reached between the UK and EU on the 24th December 2020.
The initial general understanding was that free trade applied to all goods moving between the UK and EU and that our deliveries would resume as normal without the need for additional duty. We were also led to believe that the only difference would be documentational requirements.
We now know that this is not the case and that an import duty is payable on some products to the destination country’s Customs Authority along with the destination country VAT.
UK VAT will be zero rated for goods leaving the UK (exported). Once the goods enter the destination country Import VAT will normally need to be paid, VAT registered businessed can reclaim the VAT incurred subject to the normal rules in their country. This is the same as pre-Brexit.
Destination country import duty is applicable to some products; we have now added the EU product duty rates and cost per unit to our product pages online. The EU duty information online is for your information only and is not included in our price.
EU duty rates for products sold via NDA Toys range between 0% and 12% with an average of less than 2.85% (This is correct on 13th January 2021)*.
As required for the movement of goods and customs process, our invoices and dispatch notes will include:
Duty, VAT and fee display
- Our VAT number (GB 783 1515 26)
- Your VAT number if you have provided it during your initial registration or when adding an address on our site
- The product commodity codes (HS Tariff codes)
- The product country of origin
To assist in your purchase decisions, we are currently working on showing you the approximate destination country’s duty, disbursement fees and VAT on the checkout page. This cost is due on import. The amount will not be paid to us; it will be invoiced to you and paid by you to our couriers, who will then pay the taxes/duty to the correct tax/customs department. We aim to have this display available within a few days.
Ordering from us using our door-to-door delivery service:
The ordering process will remain the same and all orders still need to be placed online. We are currently unable to ship any orders by pallets to the EU, therefore all orders will be shipped in boxes using the simplified paperless trade method.
Once your order has been shipped, you will be sent an invoice by our courier for the destination country’s duty including disbursement fee and VAT. Once this has been paid, your order will be released for delivery to your door.
Ordering from us and arranging your own delivery
You can arrange the collection of your order with shippers of your choice or we can arrange delivery to your UK shippers.
For zero UK VAT, we require you to provide a valid shipping certificate within 30 days of your order being shipped from us, showing the goods have left the UK (this will be available from your shipper).
You will then be responsible for paying the destination import duty, fees and VAT. We would recommend speaking to your shipping company in advance before placing any order.
Trading with NDA Toys in the future
As a result of the new import regulations, we have had a lot of requests from our customers to assist with their orders. Going forward, we will be looking to implement the following as soon as possible:
- Information regarding the duty on products. This has already been implemented on the product page of our site and we now show you the commodity (HS) codes, country of origin, duty rate percentage and the approximate duty payable per unit of each item. We are also looking into adding additional information on to our main category pages.
- A display of the approximate import duty, disbursement fee and destination VAT displayed at the checkout, so that you will have an approximate guide to the cost of import before placing your order.
- Filter products on our site to show the substantial number of products with zero duty.
- The ability to be able to pay in Euros on our site. This will hopefully assist with exchange rates and payment charges.
- We are also looking into the possibility to offer additional services to speed up the delivery process, such as paying the Import VAT and Duty on checkout through our website. This will mean that you will not have your order held at customs and it will also simplify your documentation.